Your whale-watching operator is certified
What does this certification mean?
The High Quality Whale-Watching certification, recognised by the French Government, distinguishes whale-watching tour operators involved in an environmental excellence approach in the Mediterranean Sea:
- Respectful approaches of cetaceans
- Naturalist trips and quality information
- Involvement in research programmes
- Trained crew
- Waste sorting on-board
How to approach?
- Swim-with-cetaceans is prohibited
- Aerial detection is prohibited
- Duration of observation is limited to 15 to 30 minutes
- Approach is limited in the presence of newsborns
- Approach is disrupted if the animals show any disturbance
The High Quality Whale-Watching certification
is a registred trademark of ACCOBAMS developed jointly with the Pelagos Sanctuaire.
- Talk to your entourage about the certification.
- Be well aware that sightings can be rare and brief since insuring the quietness of cetaceans will safeguard their long-term presence in our waters.